Job Opportunity: Site Conservation Operative
- February 27, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Company News
Due to the continued success of Contract Ecology Ltd we now require further Site Conservation Operatives.
Site Conservation Operative – Casual Hours Contract
Due to the continued success of Contract Ecology Ltd we now require further Site Conservation Operatives. The successful candidate(s) will be required to carry out practical tasks that may include vegetation clearance, habitat creation and enhancement for protected species, wildlife exclusion fence installation, construction of paths and access and management and maintenance of tools and equipment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- High degree of practical aptitude and ability to understand ecological and environmental issues.
- Flexible positive attitude towards a broad range of tasks.
- Physically fit and able to work outdoors in a range of weather conditions.
- Ability to work safely and adhere to construction site safety rules and risk assessments.
- A full clean UK driving license is desirable.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to work away Monday to Friday as needed.
- Ability to use initiative and improvise in an ever-changing outdoor working environment.
- Ability to put the health, safety and wellbeing of self and others at the forefront.
- Relevant qualifications in Land or Wildlife Management, Forestry, Fencing and Landscaping, preferably with reference to the construction industry, is desirable or a willingness to work towards one.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written and be able to complete any site forms or documentation.
- CSCS, SSSTS, CPSC card, NPORS, NPTC, LANTRA. (Desirable).
- First Aid Certificate – preferred but not essential.
- Basic mechanical knowledge would be advantageous.
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of team.
- Willingness to undertake any professional or personal development to enhance the position.
Contract Ecology Ltd is a Living Wage Accredited Employer. The hourly rate for successful candidates will start at £9.00 per hour and will be dependent on their level of experience.
If you have the abilities and the drive required to help us reach the next step then send a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are the person we are looking for to:
Email Title: FAO – Ley Hodgson – Senior Ecologist – Site Conservation Operative
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Monday 11th March 2019, 5pm.
Interviews to be held week commencing Monday 18th March 2019.