Job Opportunity: Team leader
- February 27, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Company News
Due to the continued success of Contract Ecology Ltd we now require an additional Team Leader.
Team Leader – Casual Hours Contract
The successful candidate will be required to oversee a small satellite team and undertake the day to day running of the sites/projects they have been assigned to (including but not limited to vegetation clearance, habitat creation and management of protected species, wildlife fence installation, construction of paths and access, management and maintenance of tools and equipment).
Responsibilities and Duties
- Motivation and leadership skills required to lead a small team.
- Maintaining and enrichment of the high-quality standards of Contract Ecology Ltd.
- Completion of all paperwork in a timely fashion.
- Ensuring the health, safety and well-being of all members of the team.
- Excellent communication skills required for responding to both company and client requests.
- Ensure the service is delivered to the client in a planned, coordinated and professional manner.
- Excellent written communication skills required to maintain all written site documentation and records.
- Ability to read, understand and decipher site plans and mitigation design drawings.
- Awareness of environmental and ecological Issues.
- Ability to stay away Monday to Friday where needed.
- A full clean UK driving license (trailer license is desirable)
- Relevant qualifications in Land or Wildlife Management, Forestry, Fencing and Landscaping, preferably with reference to the construction industry.
- Experience of leading and motivating a small team is essential.
- A proven track record and experience and knowledge of delivering in the sectors detailed above.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written.
- CSCS, SSSTS, CPSC card, NPORS, NPTC, LANTRA (Desirable).
- Membership of relevant association such as Countryside Management Association, CIEEM, BALI or similar (Desirable).
- Physically fit and able to work outside in a range of weather conditions.
- First Aid Certificate.
- Willingness to undertake any professional or personal development to enhance the position.
Contract Ecology Ltd is a Living Wage Accredited Employer. The hourly rate for the successful candidate will start at £11.00 per hour, dependent on their level of experience.
If you have the abilities and the drive required to help us reach the next step then send a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are the person we are looking for to
Email Title: FAO – Ley Hodgson – Senior Ecologist – Team Leader
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Monday 11th March 2019, 5pm.
Interviews to be held week commencing Monday 18th March 2019.